Tag Archives: usenetserver

UsenetServer Love Instant Win Sweepstakes

We Have Been Bitten by the Love Bug, Enter to Win Instantly!

This Valentine’s Day, UsenetServer has been bitten by the love bug! We care about our users very much and with Cupid’s help, we’re going to give them some love – Usenet style. We would like to show our gratitude to our users by giving away random Usenet Valentines! Click the graphic below and enter the UsenetServer Love Instant Win Sweepstakes for a chance to win a month of free unlimited Usenet service + VPN access! Enter daily to increase your odds!

Enter to Win

Participation in the UsenetServer Love Instant Win Sweepstakes is subject to the official rules.

For users looking for a bigger, longer, more permanent love, take a look at our Partner’s Special and save big! Earn a deep discount-off our regular pricing plans and subscribe for a full year to get free VPN access too!

UsenetServer provides world-class premium tier-1 Usenet access to users all around the globe at the best value in the industry. We offer access to over 110,000 newsgroups, including discussion groups covering topics from iOS app development to March madness bracketology and usenet binary groups including user-generated videos, audio files and software. Our vast array of newsgroups coupled with our robust network infrastructure and server farms in the United States and Europe, UsenetServer provides first class high speed access to the Usenet at the lowest price.

Protect Your Privacy with UsenetServer VPN

We’re excited to announce that we now provide a custom and easy-to-use VPN (Virtual Private Network) software that protects your privacy!  A VPN is an encryption tool that puts you in control of your IP address and provides the following benefits:

  • Online Identity and Data Protection
  • Keeps you Safe at Wi-Fi Hotspots
  • Stops your ISP’s Throttling of Netflix and YouTube
  • Provides a Virtual Firewall
  • Shields from Cyber Crime
  • Bypasses Internet Censorship Blocks
  • Blocks Unwanted Marketing

The greatest benefit of having access to both UNS’s Usenet and VPN services is that you can truly enjoy all that Usenet has to offer with complete freedom. You don’t have to worry about identity thieves, or your ISP spying on or throttling your traffic.

Sign up for UNS Usenet and VPN service today and you’ll get a 14-day free trial of both!

UsenetServer is 1 of 5 Best Usenet Providers

We’d like to thank our fans for choosing UsenetServer as 1 of the 5 best usenet providers in a recent Lifehacker questionnaire.  Last week Lifehacker asked their readers to submit their choice for best usenet provider and UsenetServer was one of them based on the following:

built-in search feature

great completion rates

built-in search tool

One of our fans even commented that they’ve been a loyal UsenetServer user for over 10 years with no problems at all! We are so pleased that we’re able to provide this level of service to our users and are so excited about it, we just had to share.

If you’re new to usenet or not currently using UsenetServer, sign up today for only $10 for our high-speed plus special and get unlimited access to over 100,000 newsgroups with 99%+ completion.

Read the complete writeup at Lifehacker – Five Best Usenet Providers.

Usenet Refresher: What is an NZB?

Developed by Newsbin, an NZB is an XML file format containing a full list of message IDs for the binary content you want to transfer on Usenet. Simply put, an NZB file serves as a table of contents of Usenet articles to download for your NZB client or newsreader.

Because each binary file is broken up into smaller compressed files (usually RAR format) along with PAR parity files to to repair any missing parts after download, these smaller parts are spread across many Usenet messages or articles to make it possible to store the entire file on the Usenet. An NZB points to all the parts that make up the file you want, making it the easiest and fastest way to download binary content from the Usenet.

Getting started is easy!

  1. Sign up with UsenetServer
  2. Get a Newsreader
  3. Search with Global Search!

Free, Fast and Easy Global Search

Free, Fast and Easy Global Search Helps You Find Exactly What You’re Looking For

The Usenet is stacked with so much client produced substance, it might appear to be overwhelming at times to find exactly what you’re looking for.  One of the best benefits of using Usenetserver is Global Search transforms how you search through over 111,000 newsgroups.

Usenetserver’s Global Search makes the Usenet more user-friendly, making things simple to find. It also permits our clients to rapidly and effortlessly scan the newsgroups for articles that match their search keyword criteria, select the desired results and create a custom NZB file to download the articles.

With Global Search, you can additionally channel articles by post age, post date and poster name. Usenetserver’s Global Search is accessible for all Usenetserver subscribers. Global Search makes searching the Usenet a truly enjoyable experience.

global

Sign up today to check out Global Search and to get these other amazing features:

  • Unlimited Access
  • Uncapped Speed
  • Encrypted SSL
  • 1904 Days Retention
  • 20 Connections
  • 99%+ Completion
  • 24/7/365 Support

UsenetServer is Awarded a Best Usenet Provider

UsenetServer is Awarded a Best Usenet Provider by Newsgroup Reviews

In the recent 2013 NGR Editor’s Choice Awards, UsenetServer was selected as a ‘Best Usenet Provider’ based on the following criteria:

  • Value
  • Reliability
  • Performance
  • Completion
  • High Retention
  • Extra Features

A few key points that Newsgroup Reviews mentions that explain why UsenetServer was chosen as a 2013 Best Usenet Provider are:

UseNetServer provides an excellent mix of quality and value.

Since releasing their popular $10 unlimited Usenet special the service has grown rapidly.

UNS was always a staple in the industry but at $10 a month or $95.40 a year they’re really hard to pass up.

In addition to value, UseNetServer offers high retention and UNS Global Search.  Having a built-in Usenet search engine makes finding newsgroup content much easier.

Read the complete review at Best Usenet Providers:  2013 NGR Editors Choice Awards – Newsgroups Reviews Blog to find out why you should try UsenetServer today!

UsenetServer Surpasses 5 Years of Retention

UsenetServer Surpasses 5 Years of Retention

UsenetServer has reached a newsgroup retention landmark of 1865 days of NTTP retention, which is over 5 years!

Newsgroup retention is the length of time that a newsgroup article post is available to subscribers.  Over 5 years of retention means that UsenetServer subscribers can access newsgroup posts that were added up to 1865 days ago (over 5 years) with 99% completion.

Now with over 5 years of retention, all UsenetServer plans include:

  • Blazing Speed – Direct access to UsenetServer’s Tier-1 Usenet network connecting to over 800 broadband access providers translates to blazing download speeds.
  • Unlimited data transfer – You’ll easily maximize your speed with the large number of concurrent connections.
  • 256-bit SSL access – SSL encryption helps ensure that your username and password remains safe from identity theft. Additionally, SSL encrypted access helps you avoid any attempt by your ISP to throttle your bandwidth speeds.
  • Over 100,000 discussion groups – Network globally with over 100,000 discussion groups – text and binary. Exchange ideas with millions of people by accessing UsenetServer.
  • Savings – Offering some of the lowest prices for premium Usenet access, you can get unlimited data access with 20 concurrent SSL connections for up to 75% less than other providers.

Get started now with your free usenet 14-day trial with a 10GB download limit.

UsenetServer Now Offering 1800 Days Retention

UsenetServer, the lowest priced provider of premium Usenet newsgroup access, has been making significant investments this summer to build out its network and infrastructure. Today they have reached a newsgroup retention landmark of 1800 days of NTTP retention.

Newsgroup retention is the length of time that a newsgroup article post is available to subscribers.  1800 days of retention means that UsenetServer subscribers can access newsgroup posts that were added up to 1800 days ago, with 99% completion.

Now with 1800 days of retention, all UsenetServer plans include:

  • Direct access to UsenetServer’s Tier-1 Usenet network
  • Unlimited data transfer
  • Uncapped transfer speeds
  • 256-bit SSL access
  • 14 day/10 GB free trial

One of UsenetServer’s most unique features is Global Search. Global Search is a free tool that subscribers can use to instantly find and transfer what they want from Usenet without subscribing to newsgroups and downloading massive amounts of headers.  UsenetServer also maintains peering relationships with all major Usenet providers, giving subscribers access to virtually every article posted to Usenet anywhere in the world!

About UsenetServer

UsenetServer is one of the world’s premier providers of Usenet newsgroup access.  As an industry-leader in service reliability, speed and retention, UsenetServer is committed to providing world-class Usenet access to over 100,000 discussion groups from its servers across the world. For more information about UsenetServer and its Usenet service offerings, please visit http://www.usenetserver.com or contact support@usenetserver.com.

Get UsenetServer Usenet

To begin exploring and searching the Usenet with our Global Search, get your own Usenet account by signing up here.

Never Miss a Payment Again with UNS Backup Payment

Nothing is more annoying than your downloads being interrupted because your credit card on your account expires and then your account goes into limbo until you update your payment information. We know how annoying this can be, so we have added a way for you to add a backup payment method. If your current payment method (Visa or Paypal) expires or fails, your backup payment method will take over meaning that your account never gets put on hold or interrupted and your downloads continue without so much as a blip 🙂

If you have not yet added a backup payment method, we recommend you do so right away by logging in at the Account Home. Once you have logged in, you will see the banner below:

backup payment

To add a backup payment method, click on the “Learn More Now” link.

To get started using UsenetServer Usenet today, Signup Here!