Last week we showed how to download and manage all of those favorite NZBs using multi-batch downloading with SABnzbd. This week we take downloading with SABnzbd one step further and show you how to manage your Usenet downloads from anywhere with SABMobile. For those who want to queue new downloads on the go and have a SAB server cranking at home, this app is a total must-have.
What is SABMobile?
SABMobile is 3rd-party mobile management application for the SABnzbd web interface that runs on iOS, Android and Windows Phone devices. SABMobile allows for full management of the SABnzbd web console, allowing for RSS feeds to be added and read, NZB files to be uploaded and full download queue control with pause, resume and delete to remove NZBs when needed. One of the unique features, for those who are really concerned with security, is that SABMobile has an SSH option when adding a SABnzbd server so that if you are running a SAB server on a box with SSH, you can connect through a secure shell tunnel from anywhere on the web directly to your local server.
How do I setup a SAB server with SABMobile?
- Log into your local SABnzb server web UI
- Click Config > General and record Host IP, Port and API Key
- Download, install and launch SABMoble
- Click Add Server
- Type in a Name for the server
- Enter the Server IP (This will be the LAN IP if accessing locally or WAN IP if accessing outside home network) **If accessing outside LAN, a port will have to be mapped to local SAB server.
- Turn ON/OFF API Key (Enter API Key if set to ON)
- Set SSL to ON/OFF depending on whether SAB server has SSL enabled
- Enable SSH Tunnel if SAB is being accessed via the outside web with secure shell
- Click Save.
- Tap on the Server Name to Connect.
Where Can I Get SABMobile?
SABMobile can be dowloaded here using any of the links on the developers website that match the mobile platform needed. This powerful app only costs $2.99 and works flawlessly.