Category Archives: UsenetServer

UsenetServer is 1 of 5 Best Usenet Providers

We’d like to thank our fans for choosing UsenetServer as 1 of the 5 best usenet providers in a recent Lifehacker questionnaire.  Last week Lifehacker asked their readers to submit their choice for best usenet provider and UsenetServer was one of them based on the following:

built-in search feature

great completion rates

built-in search tool

One of our fans even commented that they’ve been a loyal UsenetServer user for over 10 years with no problems at all! We are so pleased that we’re able to provide this level of service to our users and are so excited about it, we just had to share.

If you’re new to usenet or not currently using UsenetServer, sign up today for only $10 for our high-speed plus special and get unlimited access to over 100,000 newsgroups with 99%+ completion.

Read the complete writeup at Lifehacker – Five Best Usenet Providers.

Usenet Refresher: What is an NZB?

Developed by Newsbin, an NZB is an XML file format containing a full list of message IDs for the binary content you want to transfer on Usenet. Simply put, an NZB file serves as a table of contents of Usenet articles to download for your NZB client or newsreader.

Because each binary file is broken up into smaller compressed files (usually RAR format) along with PAR parity files to to repair any missing parts after download, these smaller parts are spread across many Usenet messages or articles to make it possible to store the entire file on the Usenet. An NZB points to all the parts that make up the file you want, making it the easiest and fastest way to download binary content from the Usenet.

Getting started is easy!

  1. Sign up with UsenetServer
  2. Get a Newsreader
  3. Search with Global Search!

New and Improved Global Search

We have updated our Global Search feature to give our users even better search results and quicker NZB generation!  If you haven’t used Global Search, login today and check it out.

Global Search is a free tool that subscribers can use to instantly find and transfer what they want from Usenet without subscribing to newsgroups and downloading massive amounts of headers.

We’ve made it possible for all UsenetServer users to quickly and easily search the entire binary article newsgroup retention of 2200+ days and compile a custom NZB of the search results.  2200+ days of retention means that UsenetServer subscribers can access binary newsgroup posts that were added up to 2200 days ago, with 99% completion.

With the new and improved Global Search version the shopping cart within Global Search now gives you the option of adding all searched posts into a single NZB, which can then be downloaded using your favorite NZB client.

If you’re not a current UsenetServer subscriber, try us today with a free 14-day trial.  Free trial is for 14 days or 10GB used, whichever comes first.

What is Global Search?

Global Search allows you to instantly find and download what you want from the Usenet without subscribing to newsgroups and downloading massive amounts of headers. Instead of getting frustrated with regular search, looking through gigs of headers, try Usenet Global Search and download NZB files of the articles you want fast and easy.

global

Sign up today to explore Global Search with a FREE 14-day trial and you’ll also get these other amazing features:

  • Unlimited Data Transfer
  • 2061 Days of Retention!
  • 99%+ Completion
  • Blazing Speed
  • Over 100,000 Discussion Groups
  • Free SSL Connections

UsenetServer Voted Best Deal 2014!

UsenetReviewz was created to help the Usenet enthusiast navigate through all of the Usenet providers in the market and to pick the one that best meets their needs. With over 100 Usenet providers to choose from, UsenetReviewz has narrowed down the list by eliminating those that do not meet their criteria for providing a quality service.  This criteria includes price, retention, free trial, connections, groups, SSL and sever location.

Recently UsenetReviewz published their picks for “Top 8 Best Usenet Providers 2014″ and UsenetServer was selected as the “best deal.” They also consider their “Top 8″ list to include only the premium Usenet providers with UsenetServer being one of them.

UNS

UsenetServer was selected because of it’s long time standing in the Usenet space – “providing a good combination of combination of binary retention, article completion and an excellent discount for first time users. Having tried their service, we are going to give a thumbs up. One of the best things about UsenetServer should be obvious – their pricing.”

Visit UsenetReviewz to read the comprehensive review OR to watch the video review including the following:

  • speed test
  • retention test
  • pricing
  • free trials
  • privacy policy
  • additional features

Usenet Server Hits 2000 Days Retention!

We are excited to announce that today that we’ve upgraded our NNTP Usenet retention to 2000 days.  Now all UsenetServer subscribers can access all newsgroup posts that were added up to 2000 days ago, with 99% completion with no additional cost.

Newsgroup retention is the length of time that a newsgroup article post is available to subscribers.  2,000 days of retention means that UsenetServer subscribers can access newsgroup posts that were added up to 2,000 days ago, with 99% completion.

Now with 2,000 days of retention, all UsenetServer plans include:

  • Direct access to UsenetServer’s Tier-1 Usenet network
  • Over 100,000 Discussion Groups
  • Unlimited data transfer
  • Uncapped transfer speeds
  • 256-bit SSL access
  • 14 day/10 GB free trial

One of UsenetServer’s most unique features is Global Search. Global Search is a free tool that subscribers can use to instantly find and transfer what they want from Usenet without subscribing to newsgroups and downloading massive amounts of headers.  UsenetServer also maintains peering relationships with all major Usenet providers, giving subscribers access to virtually every article posted to Usenet anywhere in the world! Sign up now for a free 14-day trial.

UsenetServer Named Newsgroup Reviews Winner for 2014 Best Usenet Provider

Newsgroup Reviews Blog – the industry’s go-to resource for everything Usenet, has announced their results for the 2014 Best Usenet Service Awards.  With so many Usenet options in the market  to choose from, the NGR blog does the legwork for you by testing them then publishing comprehensive reviews on their website. UsenetServer takes 2nd place in the 2014 Best Usenet Provider Awards.

Using a criteria that includes: extra features, high retention, completion, performance, reliability and value along with their expertise, Newsgroup Reviews states, UseNetServer provides an excellent mix of quality and value.  Since releasing their popular $10 unlimited Usenet special the service has grown rapidly.  UNS was always a staple in the industry but at $10 a month or $95.40 a year they’re really hard to pass up.  In addition to value, UseNetServer offers high retention and UNS Global Search.  Having a built-in Usenet search engine makes finding newsgroup content much easier

Visit 2014 Best Usenet Provider Awards today to learn more about the award winners and to make an educated decision about your Usenet service, and just for visiting take advantage of Newsgroup Reviews $10/month and $95.40/month specials for UsenetServer when you sign up with a new account!

Scheduled Maintenance December 17, 1:30 AM MST

For a short time this morning – approximately 1:30 AM MST to 1:45 AM MST we will be making upgrades to our shopping experience and updating our servers.  During this time the shopping cart will not be available.  We appreciate your business and thank you in advance for your patience while we work hard to make our services better for you.

Sincerely,

The UsenetServer Team