We at UNS Holdings, Inc. ("UNS Holdings") care about your privacy. This Privacy Statement ("Statement") therefore discloses the privacy practices for our website, usenetserver.com ("Site") and related services ("Services").
This Statement is current as of the effective date set forth above. UNS Holdings reserves the right to change this Statement from time to time consistent with applicable privacy laws and principles without notice.
If at any time you choose not to accept the terms of this Statement, you should not use the UNS Site or related Services.
This policy provides the following information:
- The personally identifiable information we collect.
- How we use your personally identifiable information.
- When we may otherwise disclose your information.
- The security measures we have in place.
- to other sites.
- Access to public forums.
- How to modify your personally identifiable information.
- Children's privacy.
- International visitors.
- How to contact us.
When you visit usenetserver.com, you have a choice as to whether you create an account. You do not need to create an account to view certain areas of our Site, but without registering, certain areas and Services will not be available to you.
To create an account and access our Services, you will need to provide certain personally identifiable information about yourself, such as your name, phone number, address and e-mail. In addition, you will need to select a username and password. You will have the option to pay for your account during the registration process by providing a credit card number when you sign up. If you choose this payment method, you will also need to provide the credit card security code, expiration date and billing address for the credit card you wish to use.
Once you create an account online, you will be able to access and modify your personally identifiable information and renew your subscription on our Site.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
The personally identifiable information we collect through our Site is primarily used to create new accounts, collect payment for the access we provide to our Services, identify current subscribers, to send subscribers information about their accounts, or troubleshoot an account at the request of the user. We may also respond to e-mails we receive through our Site by sending a message to the email address listed in the original message.
We may also use your personally identifiable information for any of the following reasons:
- Verify your identity when you use certain areas or features of our Site;
- Internal record keeping;
- To complete your online order and provide you with access to the Services you purchased;
- To share with third party service providers who may provide Services on our behalf (e.g. to process payments);
- To improve our Site's content and for general administration;
- To target our Site content and online offers to your preferences;
- To periodically send promotional information regarding new products or services, special offers, or other information that we think you might find of interest from our company, our affiliates, and our marketing partners;
- To more effectively facilitate the promotion of our Services to appropriate target audiences based on your demographic information (i.e., age, postal code, address, shopping habits and other various data).
We do not sell, share or rent personally identifiable information to others. Unless otherwise noted, we will only disclose your personally identifiable information to third parties if:
- We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personally identifiable information as it may be one of the transferred assets;
- We are under a duty to disclose or share your personally identifiable information in order to comply with any legal obligation, subpoena or other court order; or in order to enforce or apply any of our online Terms of Service or other agreements; or to protect the rights, property or safety of UNS Holdings for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction; or
- For any other reason as required or permitted by law.
We use procedural and technological security measures which are reasonably designed to help protect your personally identifiable information from unauthorized access or disclosure, consistent with industry standards.
All employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices. In addition, access to user or subscriber personally identifiable information is restricted to those who need to know such information to carry out their assigned job functions.
We use encryption, passwords, and physical security measures to help protect your personally identifiable information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, it is always possible that third parties will unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or defeat these measures. Therefore, we do not promise and cannot guarantee (and thus you should not expect) that your personally identifiable information can never be viewed and/or used by others. We are not responsible for these unauthorized uses, thus you should be careful about the information you post or otherwise make available when using our Site or our Services.
5. HOW WE USE LOG FILES AND COOKIES
6. LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Our Website may contain links to other websites that we do not own or operate. Also, links to our Site may be featured on third party websites on which we advertise.
7. ACCESS TO PUBLIC FORUMS
This Site makes newsgroups available to users of our Site who subscribe to our Service. Please remember that any information disclosed by you, in a newsgroup, becomes public information. You should exercise caution if you decide to disclose personal information.
8. HOW TO MODIFY YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
Account information changes, technical support, service information, and changes in usage should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will endeavor to respond to all requests in a timely manner.
9. CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
Our Site is not intended for anyone under the age of 18. As addressed in the federal Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and associated rules, we do not knowingly collect or maintain any personal information from anyone under the age of 13.
We encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children's online activities and interests. If you are a parent or guardian and you believe that your child has provided personally identifiable information on our Site, please contact us so that we can delete the child's information.
10. INTERNATIONAL VISITORS TO OUR SITE
11. HOW TO CONTACT US
Questions about this Site or UNS Holdings should be addressed to:
UNS Holdings, Inc.
PO Box 635707
Tel: 1 (602) 515-0929
PO Box 635707